French Curves | Ugly Christmas Sweater

2:37:00 PM


Every month, the French Curves come together for an outfit challenge and for December, we have decided to end the year with two themes! The main one will be shared tomorrow and I can't wait!
As for the second one, we couldn't live through the festive season without carrying on the tradition of the ugly Christmas sweater! The plan was to share one post of us wearing our tackiest sweater on Instagram, but I couldn't help myself! I have to tell you the story of how I found this quirky jumper.


As bloggers, we eventually become shopping experts. But for this one, I must admit it was a tough cookie. I had to not only go to my regular shops and usual sections but I had to go dig in some unlikely aisles. Like the men's section for instance! Yes, you might be surprised what you can find there. I had already gone to all the plus size stores here in Dubai, but these crazy tacky jumpers seem to be bestsellers everywhere and they sold out super quick. Also, I didn't want to spend a fortune on this particular challenge. So, I eventually went into Tchibo and as soon I entered the store, it was there right in front of me, on the display! I just had to go in and pick it up. The only problem was that they were already all out. Again. So I kindly asked the sales rep to give me the one on the mannequin. It even looked like it was the perfect size for me. To be honest, I am the worst at negotiation.
I do find the best bargains, as long as talking is not needed.


The sales rep at the cashier almost ignored my request and told me that she couldn't do that and I didn't really understand why. So I left and met up with my boys. I checked out other stores and the best thing I could come up with was a Christmas graphic t-shirt from Forever 21+.
That was my backup plan! lol

As we were walking back to the car, we passed by Tchibo and I was telling my husband what had happened. He always loves a good opportunity to show off his "I am a people's person" skills. And unlike me, he is way better at negotiation. So, he went in and he created a whole story about me being upset, and me wanting the sweater, and he even told them that he would sleep on the couch if I didn't get that jumper. He made me sound like a spoiled brat! lol But it worked...
He kept pushing until they physically removed the jumper from the mannequin, we paid for it and left. It was a fantastic bargain, only 49 dhms! (11 euros)


I kept the outfit simple. The sweater is super soft and cozy and I didn't really expect that.
Enjoy the festive season!

Tchibo MEN Sweater | Yours Distorted Grey Jeans | Call It Spring White Sneakers

You Might Also Like

0 comments