The Comeback

10:59:00 PM



I am back! It's been a long time since I've properly blogged.


First reason is, which is very valid, my laptop has decided to go through a slow sequence of non-negotiable dead-ends. I have very possibly overused it and it comes a time when you just have to let go and move on. I had high hopes that it would last with me till the end of the year but there is no use. I have my heart set on something else, something most bloggers would go for. A bigger screen and a more interactive interface. I will leave you guessing till it happens. But in the meantime, my loving hubby has offered me a temporary laptop that would help me dismantle this frustration of not blogging and not being able to write and type. I feel so fulfilled just typing this post. The words are flowing across the keyboard and I just can't wait to start sharing with you more posts.

On that note, I would also like to say that I will be blogging about plus size fashion, body positivity, personal and collective projects I am planning;  I will also be sharing with you my monthly outfit challenge with the French Curves, the updates on my community the Middle East Plus Size Fashion Bloggers, my experiences in mamahood and as especially as an autism mom, and finally I will include every now and then posts that feature me and my hubby. Being a public figure, he too is a plus size fashion advocate and struggles to find the right clothes and sizes. So, after a massive success with our Valentine's post, we will hopefully do more couple shoots! Now that's exciting...


"We also keep seeing the same faces for every campaign, every ad, every project, that it becomes so weary and predictable. It has completely lost its value. I think at some point it was a great idea, but right now, zabbal - which is Arabic Lebanese for it has become trashy."

Also, another major question: Do people still read blog posts? I know Instagram is monopolizing the social media arena but I feel that blog posts are still as relevant and as important. We are so concerned about how fast we get information nowadays that sometimes we forget to live the moment, to appreciate the present, to reflect and not just receive and move on. Saying that there is a wave of Instabloggers is old news, I know. But, that too is just one part of the problem. We are seeing more and more so called "influencers"popping up like mushrooms; and I have noticed that most of the time, there is no substance, just a egocentric contentment of having millions of followers. And I am tired of seeing brands and companies hire these so influencers - like it is a job title now - over and over again, as it becomes a mutual exchange of 'use and abuse'. We also keep seeing the same faces for every campaign, every ad, every project, that it becomes so weary and predictable. It has completely lost its value. I think at some point it was a great idea, but right now, zabbal - which is Arabic Lebanese for it has become trashy and borderline annoying.

When it comes to the plus size scene in the Middle East and the Gulf, the community #MEPSBloggers that I have created will work as an umbrella where like-minded bloggers will come together and be vocal about breaking barriers, changing wrong perceptions, inspiring plus size women, creating video and photo content to represent our culture and engage with the rest of the world, taking on projects that will serve the movement and ad value to our body positive agenda.

I rest my case for now but I will be back. I just wanted to shout out loud my comeback - hopefully it will be a fruitful one - and address a few of my plans and concerns. Focusing on the positive is my motto so let's see what's the next best thing. Stay tuned for May 16th as I will share with you my French Curves outfit challenge post! I might have a special guest on the blog so don't go too far.

I want to thank everyone who took a few moments to read my article. With your help, I hope to keep a more regular activity to inform, entertain and inspire all of you with interesting, positive, and beautiful content.


You Might Also Like

0 comments